I’ve created a retainer system that allows for the most flexibility in setting up a services agreement that best suits your needs.
Table of Contents
Retainer packages are billed semi-monthly and paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. A 5% savings is applied if you pay for three months up front.
Rates and Pre-determined Work
We operate by setting and attaining objectives that grow your business, increase revenue, spread brand awareness, increase SEO ranking, etc. Therefore, for each retainer assignment, we work with you ahead of time to determine what scope of work we will accomplish (e.g. X number of blog posts or podcasts per month; on-going social media writing and engagement; on-going SEO analysis; etc.) Based on that scope, we’ll determine a retainer package below that best suits your needs.
When you hire Blade Ronner Media, it’s akin to hiring one of the roles below, only you don’t have to pay for employer taxes, health insurance, computer gear, or extra hot dog buns at company picnics (back when we could have company picnics.)
- Your Director of Content—$6,000/month: long-term content and brand strategy; video and podcast conception and aid in execution; monthly SEO audit and keyword analysis; determining blog strategy and programming; creating and managing editorial systems; finding and managing additional writers and editing their work.
- Your Senior Content Marketing Manager—$4,500/month: long-term content strategy; monthly SEO audit and keyword analysis; determining blog strategy and programming; creating and managing editorial systems; finding and managing additional writers and editing their work. Assistance with creating and managing either a video or podcast strategy.
- Your Managing Editor—$3,000/month; determining blog strategy and programming; creating and managing editorial systems; finding and managing writers and editing all work.
- Your Senior Writer—$3,000/month for four 1,500-word(+/-) SEO-optimized blog posts; or $2,400/month for four creatively free posts (article where maintain a strict SEO optimization style and format is not required. Perfect for clients where brand and style is the priority). Additional posts are prorated accordingly.
The only service for which the monthly retainer does not cover is video production and post-production (see below for details).
Video production services
Due to the additional resources, services, and expertise needed for video production and post-production, these services are billed separately from your monthly retainer. The rates we quote are all-inclusive (i.e. labor, equipment rental, music licensing, etc.)
There are two ways in which you can engage our video production services:
- Retainer+: if you’re a contracted retainer client, your retainer hours can go towards all pre-production video services. This includes script writing (if applicable), pre-production meetings, shot listing, shoot prep, video brief, and various other preproduction services. All services related to the actual shooting days and the post-production (i.e. editing, color grading, VFX, etc.) are billed separately, approximating $150 to $200 per hour depending on the scope of services.
- Straight-to-video: if you hire us strictly for video production services outside of a retainer arrangement, we’ll provide you a project estimate. Hourly rates approximate $150 to $200 depending on the project scope. Special rates are available for NGOs and 501c3 organizations.
We can offer a full suite of services including:
- Producing: research, correspondence with guests, concept creation, getting your feed set up and distributed, etc.
- Writing: whether you have a simple interview-based show where you need a few intros, or if you have a full-blown, narrative, “This American Life” style scripted audio documentary, we got you covered.
- Post-production: editing your podcast, audio sweetening, etc.
This rate has to be quoted based on what you’re looking for. It could be as little as $500/month for simple guest correspondence and wrangling, to over $5,000/month for a full suite of production services.
A la carte rates
- SEO audit and strategy: full audit of your site’s technical and content SEO health. $1,000
- Keyword analysis: analysis of your site’s keyword rankings compared to your top 5 competitors. We’ll look at which KWs you currently rank and what your rankings are for the KWs you desire to rank for. $600
- Brand consulting and analysis: an in-depth look at your brand with recommendations for content and design. $3,000
- Individual blog post: usually based on a quote, but expect rates to range from $400 to $750 for a 1,000 to 1,200-word blog post depending on the level of expertise, amount of research, and whether interviews are needed.