Writing is the lifeblood of your business. Whether it’s marketing copy for your website, SEO-friendly posts for your blog, letters for your email list, or copy for social media and ads, the written word connects your audience to your business.
Ever since I started my first blog back in 2006, I’ve used the written word as a tool to move people in meaningful ways. In both my personal and professional life, writing is vital to me. I now use that passion to help businesses and organizations like yours thrive.
No, I’m not a master of the mystic arts. The title of this section refers to the popular source for ad-free, user-generated content by some of the world’s best writers. Founded by Ev Willaims, co-founder of Twitter, Medium is a place where “words matter,” and writers can share thoughts and stories on a wide range of topics.
A team of curators works for the company, finding the “cream of the crop” and adding those articles to publications and top-level topics on the platform. I’ve had the pleasure to have a number of my articles curated.
Most of the articles I write for my personal blog get cross-published to my Medium account, as do the posts on this blog. I have had nearly a dozen articles curated to top Medium topics like Marketing, Design, Race, Equality, Relationships, Music, Spirituality, Family, and Parenting. I’ve been published in leading Medium publications like The Startup, Better Marketing, The Writing Cooperative, PS I Love You, SlackJaw, Illumination, and An Injustice.
Below is a small sampling of curated articles.
- The best content strategy practices strive for excellence, not perfection This article was curated to Medium’s “Marketing” and main pages the day it went live. Medium’s largest active publication, The Startup (over 585,000 followers), added this post to their publication as well.
- A Brand is More Than a Logo curated to “Better Marketing”
- If You’re a Professional Artist, Stop Complaining About Commoditization (“Better Marketing”)
- 5 Reasons Your About Page Probably Sucks
Film and Video Industry
These are the articles I wrote during my time at Frame.io
- The Ultimate Guide to Fair Use and Copyrights for Filmmakers (one of the top ten most-read posts)
- What 15 Years of Writing Videography Contracts Has Taught Me (one of the topmost engaged posts in terms of comments).
- 4 Ways to Maximize Creative Fulfillment and Still Make a Living
- Black, Blonde and Bold. Making it in Hollywood When You Don’t Fit the Mold.
- How to Match a Film Look with Basic Color Correction Tools
Entertainment & Culture
- The Forgotten Art of the Mixtape
- Scorsese’s and Coppola’s comments about the MCU strike at a much bigger issue. Who defines “art”?
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye! The Conversion of Kanye West Got Evangelicals Going Crazy
Race Relations & Politics
- The Perspective of Privilege
- The problem with denying white privilege
- Social Justice Has Always Been Part of the Church
- Trump has officially obliterated the need for Godwin’s Law.
- The very first Medium post I ever wrote, A Message to Christians and the LGBT Community, went viral, garnering over 160,000 views in just 2-3 days.