Updated: August 19, 2020
I recently finished a 7-part series on the Pro Video Coalition blog about “the seven pillars of a strong content marketing strategy.” This information is based on my nearly twenty years of using content as a way to market my business. From my early days as a wedding filmmaker creating funny sketch videos in the early 2000s, to my recent stint as senior content marketing manager and managing editor for Frame.io.
In my current role running Blade Ronner Media, my client and contract work now includes:
- Managing Editor for Ryan Connolly’s “Film Riot” blog (our plan is to make this the #1 film education website for aspiring filmmakers)
- Podcast Story Producer for Wistia. Some really great shows are coming down the pike.
- Content marketing strategy for We Make Movies and LumaFusion
- SEO blog writing for Pro Video Coalition and Artlist.io
All of this experience comes into play when I put this series together. So, without further ado, here are those seven pillars and the links to the respective articles.
- Know Your Objective
- Be “On Brand” (and know when it’s right to go “off-brand”)
- Pick the Right Content Type
- The Importance of Distribution
- A Solid Social Media Strategy
- Measuring Results
- Adopting Policy and Procedures
Let me know what you think and share with me anything you’ve learned from your own experiences.